Sunday, December 07, 2008

I need someone smarter than me

Here's the subject - The Economy. Specifically the Big 3 and Bailouts.

Can we agree that the auto industry made many mistakes in the 70's, 80's and even the 90's by building some crappy stuff, letting Union workers get away with some bad working habits, and not preparing for the future? (How hard is it to realize that there eventually would be an "oil crisis?") But I would say that in the 00's, the industry has made several changes to labor agreements to ward off major crises. While not a perfect industry, are their "sins" any worse than Wall Street's?

This thing in Congress is all about politics. Period.

1 comment:

Strangela said...

I don't even know what to think on the bailouts! It just frustrates me to no end and I feel completely manipulated by all the parties involved (wall street, ceo's politicians, the media...)!