Saturday, September 23, 2006

Useless music

Spent a lovely day with my mom; first we went over to Rick & Judy Golden's to run a metal detector around their property in Holly. (Thanks, Ki-Ki, for providing that little hook-up!) Beautiful place, and supposedly the old post office/general store...but, sadly, very little in the way of treasure. Aside from the odd piece of snipped aluminum from recent window upgrades, the only things we found were 4 memorial cents (dates...who cares) and 2 wheat cents (1945 and '48D, respectively). I would say the place had been searched over already, probably before Rick owned it.

Afterwards we had a nice bar-burger in Grand Blanc, followed by some record shopping at an antique store near Birch Run. We've been there a lot, but today Redbeard had LOTS of "new" merchandise, including a large booth of used albums. My favorite! I selected, for $2, the 2nd EZO album (a shitty Japanese late-80s metal band that no one cares about) and a SEALED copy of the solo album Barry Gibb released in 1982 (leader of a 60s psychedelic/70s disco act...that no one cares about). MOM, on the other hand, scored BIG with two odd Bette Midler LPs: Songs for the New Depression and Broken Blossom, from 1976 and 1977. VERY cool! I love finding albums by favorite artists that were heretofore unknown to me, and now I seem to have my mom hooked on that groove as well. (Pun DEFINITELY intended!)

So: more useless music, and 6¢. That's our take for the day. Who KNOWS what tomorrow might bring...mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!

2 comments:

sdb said...

That album was sealed for a reason!

L*I*S*A said...

I can't believe you were in our fair city and didn't stop in. Ah, the injustice.